Monday 28 June 2010

I bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible

The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on, and it is just such a spectacular film. Why did anyone ever think it would be a good idea to remake it? The film is truly magical.

Anyway, I was coming here to get down all the details of this weekend. It has been the loveliest time. My dad and his girlfriend came down to visit me. It's a four hour drive, so it's a lot for them to do just for two days, but it was such a great time that it felt like a full holiday.

They came in time for lunch yesterday, we had a picnic in the park at the end of my street, and since it was the hottest day of the year, we were all melting after a while. We went back to their hotel for a swim, which felt so refreshing. We went out for dinner and had huge burgers before coming back to mine to watch a film. Today we went for a walk through a big park near here, and played badminton there. Then we had another picnic for lunch in the park down the street from my house and played frisbee (badly on my part). In the park you can hire a row-boat, so we did that while a brass band played at the edge of the lake.

It was a perfect weekend. Well, I did get sunburned, right through my factor 50, but it was still worth it.

It seems to be the time for seeing my favourite people at the moment. On Wednesday, my shower-partner returned from Hong Kong and we had sushi and cocktails. Tomorrow the boy is coming here. Then next weekend I'm off to Devon for a few days with my almost-twin. I just need to see the beautiful girl soon and it will be complete.



On a different note, is this not the most awful statistic you've ever heard?:
"There are 72 million children out of school across the world. That's more than all the children that are in primary school across Europe, USA, Canada, Australia combined."

How can that be possible? Join 1 Goal if you want to see something done about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment